The NEWLEAD project aims to build the capacity of university leaders in steering change and in addressing new priorities on the institutional transformation agenda. To achieve this, a peer-learning approach will be used throughout the project. This will facilitate an exchange of experience and practices among the participants, while bridging the gap between global, national and institutional needs. NEWLEAD results will also be derived from a mapping of institutional- and system-level approaches to leadership development and university transformation, which is planned for the first stage of the project implementation. Moreover, a novel methodological framework will be developed to address, in a holistic way, leadership capacity building and change management topics in higher education.
This project is coordinated by the Universitat Ramon Llull (URL) and will include the participation of Crue Spanish Universities, the European University Association (EUA), the Conference of Rectors of Polish Universities (KRASP), ESCP Business School, the University of Iceland and the Flemish Inter-University Council (VLIR).
NEWLEAD is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission, as a Strategic Partnership for Higher Education. Project activities will run until September 2023.
Key results from the NEWLEAD surveys
- FIRST REPORT. Institutional transformation and leadership development at universities
- FINAL REPORT. Innovative Leadership and Change Management in Higher Education. Key findings and recommendations
- Workbook Leading change in diversity and cross-cutting challenges
- Workbook Implementing leadership development programmes for university leaders: an inspirational guide
- Workbook HE Transformation Leadership – an analysis of emergent and high potential leadership styles
- EXPERT VOICE. January 18, 2021: ‘Behind the wheel: steering universities through transformation’
- FINAL EVENT. October 25, 2023. Shaping the future of leadership development for university leaders in Europe,
- Video CRASP practices on emergency management | Coordinators network for combating COVID-19
- Video CRASP practices on emergency management | Support for Ukraine
The content of this webpage represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility. The European Commission and the Agency do not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains