Validated qualifications for university entrance for non-EU citizens

​If you are not an EU citizen you must first validate qualifications that give access to university for a Spanish secondary school diploma. This must be done at the Ministry for Education.

Ministerio de Educación
(Subdirección General de Títulos, Convalidaciones y Homologaciones).
P. del Prado, 28. 28014 Madrid.
Tel. +34 91 506 56 00  –  +34 902 21 85 00

​Please bear in mind that once you have validated your qualifications and received the Spanish diploma, it will be the only diploma valid for your further studies in Spain. You will also need to pass the university entrance exams (Pruebas de Acceso a la Universidad – PAU) organised by the Spanish National University for Distance Education (Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia) which all students in Spain must pass to be admitted into university. Main offices:

C. Bravo Murillo, 38
28040 MADRID
Tel. +34 91 3986612

E-mail address:

91 398 66 12


You can also register to take the PAU exams through the Spanish Embassy or Consulates.

Once your documents are valid in Spain and you pass the PAU exams, you can pre-register for the studies you wish to enrol in at the University Access Office More information on validations on the Ministerio website.

More information on PAU exams: